10 Easy Ways College Students Can Make Money Online
College education can be expensive. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that students have to be broke. Thanks to the internet, the “broke student” stereotype is now a thing of the past. There are a variety of online jobs and opportunities with high income-earning potential. Such remote opportunities allow students to choose when and where they want to work, granting them the flexibility they need to balance student life and work.
If you’re a student looking for ways to make money online, here are some lucrative options:
- Seller or reseller: The internet has made it so much easier to make money these days. You can sell all kinds of products online to interested buyers and make a profit. You can also resell used goods like phones, cameras, furniture, household items, computers, and whatnot on sites like eBay, Flea Markets, etc.
- Transcriptionist: If you’re a good listener with decent typing skills, you can make some quick bucks by becoming a transcriptionist. Transcriptionists listen to audio files and write down what it says. You can look for transcription work on sites like Scribie, Go Transcript, etc.
- Beauty advisor: If you have good knowledge of beauty products and would like to make some money from it, you can become a beauty advisor online. Several cosmetic companies hire consultants who can offer personalized services to their online clients and customers. You can look for job opportunities on sites like BeautyTap, BeautySociety, etc.
- Proofreader: Proofreading requires you to check surface errors like typos, misspelling, punctuation errors, etc. Unlike editing, proofreading isn’t time-consuming and effort-intensive. Therefore, it’s a well-suited job opportunity for students who want to work only in their spare time. You can find proofreading jobs on sites like ProofreadingPal, Polished Paper, etc.
- Social media influencer: If you aren’t too keen to work for others, you can create your own social media account on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. and become a social media influencer. Once you gain significant followers, you can charge a fee from companies to review and promote their products. Make sure to choose a niche that you’re passionate about and get started!
- Subject Matter Expert: You can take a quick look at your training in fields of education until arriving at a subject matter that you feel confident disseminating knowledge about. After closing in on such a field, you can look at possibilities of being a subject matter expert working with explanatory videos, descriptive teaching and even working with subject-wise q&a on EdTech sites. The added advantage of this job opportunity is that you are learning and teaching while earning your keep.
- YouTube content creator: You can create your own YouTube channel and post videos to gain followers and subscribers. From travel vlogs to food channels, you can choose a niche to create content for your channel. Once your channel becomes popular, you can also place ads on the videos and earn steady ad revenue.
- Data entry specialist: If you have good typing and computer skills, you can become a data entry specialist. Data entry jobs give you the flexibility to work whenever you want. You can look for data entry jobs on sites like Clickworker, Glassdoor, etc.
- Virtual assistant: Several small business owners and entrepreneurs need help with handling their schedules, customers, social media profiles, etc. If you’re organized and like helping others you can become a virtual assistant. You can start with one or two clients and add more to your clientele as and when you wish. You can find virtual assistant jobs on Upwork, Jooble, etc.
- Graphic designer: Graphic designers are in great demand today. If you are creative and like designing logos, web pages, brochures, book covers, labels, or illustration in any other form, you can become a graphic designer. You can find remote graphic designer jobs on Flexjobs, LinkedIn, etc.
- Take surveys online: There are many paid survey sites online that offer cash or other incentives like food or discount coupons for taking a survey online. You get paid to answer a survey which contains a few multiple choice questions. Although it’s hard to find reliable survey sites, you can check out sites like Opinion Outpost, Swagbucks, etc. to make some quick bucks online.
There are endless possibilities to make money online. Making up your mind about what you want to do can help you take the first step in the right direction towards achieving your financial goals.